new beginings

MSgt Terry Lee Moore tmoore at lognet2.af.mil
Mon Oct 2 23:24:29 AEST 1989

Hello,
	I am MSgt Terry Lee Moore, HQ Tactical Air Command, DCS
Logistics, (HQ TAC/LGY), Langley AFB, VA, AV 574-3093/3427.  The LG is
buying four AT&T 3B2 computers.  I will be acting as system
administrator until they are up and running properly and I can train
someone else to carry on.  I look forward with "hope and trepidation"
(though my source for that quote lies buried in the outer recesses of my
mind) to getting this thing going.  I have been hosted on a UNIX system
(lognet2) now for about four years.  I have learned a few things, but
not a whole lot.
	Basically what I'm doing now is trying to find out where my
sources of info are.  A friend referenced you.  I trust his judgement
because I can read his C code (the parts he sends me anyway).
	So what is info-unix and how does it work?  Do I get on a
mailing list or something?  Are back issues available if so?  Do you
need any more info to register me with your group/gaggle/loose
association/wizardry brotherhood?
	I thank you for hatever time you've spent on this, your humble
public war-monger.
			Thanks
				Terry