afio - extract single files?

Dan Troxel dan at hrc.UUCP
Sat Oct 14 03:48:19 AEST 1989

In article <902 at upaya.UUCP> tbetz at upaya.UUCP (Tom Betz) writes:

>And then i went to try to figure out how one would extract just
>one file from an afio-created archive, and realized that I don't
>know how!
>
>How does one do that?

afio -iv -b[block_size]k -y "name_of_file_to_get" /dev/tapedrive

Note: -Y will retrieve everything _except_ that file. By the way,
      afio allows a better use of the wild-cards than does cpio.
--
Dan Troxel @ Handwriting Research Corporation                  WK 1-602-957-8870
Camelback Corporate Center  2821 E. Camelback Road  Suite 600  Phoenix, AZ 85016