afio - extract single files?

Tom Betz tbetz at dasys1.UUCP
Sat Oct 21 07:42:28 AEST 1989

Quoth tbetz at upaya.UUCP (Tom Betz) in <902 at upaya.UUCP>:

|And then I went to try to figure out how one would extract just
|one file from an afio-created archive, and realized that I don't
|know how!
|
|How does one do that?

Ake Sandgren was kind enough to direct me to the -y switch, which
works, though not entirely consistently with the way other
archiver programs work.  For example, while 'afio -i -y "tbetz/progwork"'
results in the contents of that directory being installed as
desired, 'afio -i -y "tbetz/progwork/" does not work, nor does
'afio -i -y "tbetz/progwork/*".

However, I now know how to use this feature, and only wonder that
the only reply I received originated in Sweden!

Thanks, Ake.
--
"I don't run - I tend to black my eyes." - D.Parton | hombre!marob!upaya!tbetz