Sun font stuff

Ben Lotto ben at nsf1.mth.msu.edu
Sat Oct 7 04:15:38 AEST 1989

On 6 Oct 89 00:42:06 GMT,
dan at dsi.COM (Dan Mick) said:

Dan> In article <486 at sagpd1.UUCP> jharkins at sagpd1.UUCP (Jim Harkins)
Dan> writes:

>I assume there is a table somewhere telling
>the system the default font.

Dan> ~/.suntools or ~/.sunview has the default font; change it with
Dan> defaultsedit once you're in sunview or suntools, or edit it by hand
Dan> if you're one of those nuts'n'bolts-ers.

Actually, the file which tells the defaults for things is ~/.defaults
and a line of the form

/SunView/Font	"/usr/lib/fonts/fixedwidthfonts/serif.r.16"

will set the default font.  It's probably better to change this using
Defaults Editor.
--

-B. A. Lotto  (ben at nsf1.mth.msu.edu)
Department of Mathematics/Michigan State University/East Lansing, MI  48824