Sun font stuff

Jim Harkins jharkins at sagpd1.UUCP
Thu Oct 5 05:49:18 AEST 1989

I've recently been given a chance to play with a Sun workstation (wow!)
and need some advice on fonts.  First, I found all the fonts in the
/usr/lib/fixedwidthfonts, is there any way to display a sample of each
font so I don't have to pick a font, exit suntools, re-enter suntools?  I'd like
to see them all together on the screen if I could.  Second, we have 3
machines NFS'ed together.  For 2 of them the default font is fine and dandy,
for the third it's pretty small.  I assume there is a table somewhere telling
the system the default font.  Where is the silly thing?  The problem here is
we have a case tool, on that third machine all text in it is pretty small.
I'm hoping this case tool is using the default system font.  I should mention
the clock, mail, etc icons on this third machine are pretty small as well.

Jim
ucsd!sagpd1!jharkins