Are there PD programs that...

phd_ivo at gsbacd.uchicago.edu phd_ivo at gsbacd.uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 2 08:55:01 AEST 1989

>>	(2) that tells a su when an application opens any file
>>	(for read/write/ or execute) ? Would this have to go
>>	into the kernel?
>
>This would require kernel support.  Why would you need this?

I found this to be an extremely useful feature when trying to figure
out what foreign programs do. For example, not being a mail wizard,
I would like to see where my implementation of mail is looking for
guidance (i.e. files to read information from) when sending mail.
I realize that there are other sources for mail information, but
mail was of course only an example.

Thanks for the script to monitor login/logouts.

ivo welch	iwelch at agsm.ucla.edu