modem programs for Unix

Andy Behrens andyb at coat.com
Sun Oct 22 10:22:01 AEST 1989

In article <1053 at faatcrl.UUCP> jimb at faatcrl.UUCP (Jim Burwell) writes:

>Does anyone know of any terminal programs, besides "tip" or "cu" for
>Unix systems ?

We have been using a commercial program called MLINK for several years
now, and are very happy with it.  We use it to transfer files between
our 150 stores (PC's and Suns) and our mainframes (Sequent Symmetries).

Its features include:
	- Wildcard file transfers
	- A powerful script language.

	- Auto-logon, which works with almost any brand of modem.

	- Compatibility with Xmodem and Kermit protocols (although some
	of the features, like wildcards, only work on Mlink-to-Mlink
	file transfers).

We have written script programs that wait until a preset time at night,
call our mainframe through a public network, dial an alternate network
if they are unable to log on through the first, and transfer all files
that are waiting to be sent.

It runs on most CP/M machines, IBM PC, and a great many Unix/Xenix
systems.

If you need more information, call the company that makes it:
	Corporate Microsystems, Inc.
	(603) 448-5193

--
Live justly, love gently, walk humbly.
					Andy Behrens
					andyb at coat.com

also:   andyb%coat.com at dartmouth.edu
uucp:   {uunet,rutgers}!dartvax!coat.com!andyb
bitnet: andyb%coat.com at dartcms1
RFD 1, Box 116, East Thetford, Vt. 05043		(802) 649-1258
Burlington Coat, PO Box 729, Lebanon, N.H. 03766	(603) 448-5000