dbx thinks pointer is int

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Fri Oct 20 04:51:47 AEST 1989

I am running dbx on a large program.  I have clearly defined "int *kpk;".
However, when I tell dbx to "p kpk" it displays an integer, and when I
tell it to "p *kpk" it tells me '"kpk" is not a pointer'.  If I move
the declaration inside the "main" function, dbx behaves normally.

I have written a stub program
   int *kpk;
   void main (void)
   {
   }
and dbx behaves properly on this program.

Also, when I ask dbx "whereis kpk", it tells me ".kpk", so it looks like
there is only one variable with this name.

This is all under AIX PS/2 v1.1.
Am I confused, or is dbx?
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Management Science America, Inc (404) 239-2347