How does man know?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sat Oct 7 10:30:10 AEST 1989

In article <1456 at mdbs.UUCP> wsmith at mdbs.UUCP (Bill Smith) writes:
-What exactly is meant by "putting the paginator in the kernal or terminal"?
-To me that brings up visions of an IBM mainframe and 3270 terminals where
-one is *forced* to use the pager, even when you only want to scan the
-output and do not need to examine every line in glorious detail.
-I don't want the cure to be worse than the disease.

Nobody suggested implementing pagination stupidly.  (Except those who
think random applications should have pagination built in.)

For example, you could pop up the window control menu and toggle between
scroll/page mode for any window, at any time.