Reentrant Lex?

Skip Montanaro montnaro at sprite.crd.ge.com
Fri Oct 27 02:48:06 AEST 1989

Can lexical analyzers built using lex be made reentrant? Making yyparse()
(yacc's output) wasn't too difficult (at least I didn't think so - I still
need a reentrant lexical analyzer to test it with :-), but yylex() and
yylook() are nasty looking pieces of code.

Failing reentrant lex output, is flex output reentrant, or can it be made
so?

It's not worth a whole bunch of effort. If I have to spend more than a
couple of hours on the task, I'll just write my lexical anlyzer by hand.

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro (montanaro at crdgw1.ge.com)