Networks

Jim Vlcek vlcek at mit-caf.MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 11 08:40:07 AEST 1989

In article <1713 at jolnet.ORPK.IL.US> jnoh at jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Jay Noh) writes:

>Can someone tell me the various networks existing in the UNIX world?
>Or even better, guide me to a book referencing the networks?

You might want to take a look at ``Notable Computer Networks,'' in the
October 1986 Communications of the ACM (Volume 29, Number 10, p. 932),
by J. S. Quarterman and J. C. Hoskins.  It's not unique to Unix
(although Jay's inclusion of bitnet in the keywords makes one wonder
if that's what he really wants anyway), but is fairly inclusive and is
likely a good starting point.

Jim Vlcek  (vlcek at caf.mit.edu  vlcek at athena.mit.edu  uunet!mit-caf!vlcek)