Sh/Csh script help

Jack Campin jack at cs.glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 21:52:43 AEST 1989

odin at ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Jon Granrose) wrote:

> I have just started playing around with writing scripts, mostly with
> sh but some with csh.  Does anyone know of any good books for learning
> more about sh/csh?

Kernighan and Pike: The Unix Programming Environment, Prentice-Hall.  This
is largely about sh.  There is also a book on the Korn shell (presumably by
David Korn) that I've heard is good but haven't seen; I don't see why
anyone needs to learn about csh any more, since ksh essentially supersedes
it and there are very few existing nontrivial csh scripts needing to be
maintained.

--
Jack Campin  *  Computing Science Department, Glasgow University, 17 Lilybank
Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QQ, SCOTLAND.    041 339 8855 x6045 wk  041 556 1878 ho