Can ^? == ^H?

Jim Harkins jharkins at sagpd1.UUCP
Wed Oct 18 08:02:45 AEST 1989

Is it possible to have both the backspace and delete keys be erase?  My problem
is that on the Sun Console my pinkie goes to the key that generates the ^?,
but on the terminal in my office my pinkie goes to the key that generates a ^H.
Of course, my .login has a line like "stty erase (`tty` == console) ? ^? : ^H"
(I know, you can't use that syntax in a .login, it's an example) but when I
start doing rlogins things get confused.  The operating system is standard
Sun UN*X 4.3.  Thanks.

jim
jharkins at sagpd1

"How many of you have kissed your wife goodbye when leaving your house?"
"How many of you have kissed your house goodbye when leaving your wife?"