Are \"mm\" macros the same wherever they occur ?

Steve_Cobrin.SBDERX at xerox.com Steve_Cobrin.SBDERX at xerox.com
Fri Oct 6 07:17:40 AEST 1989

[Sorry if this is a bit late arriving, its bounced several times off our
mailer]

I have some documentation which has the extension .mm and tried formatting
it. I discovered that Sun do not support the mm macros. What is more thay
have no intention of supporting them! Apparently this item has been raised
before. Sun have allocated it bug reference number # 1001755 (dated
28-Feb-82), but don't mean to do anything about it.

I tried copying another machines mm macros, but this just caused the nroff
to hang, I seem to remember somebody at Sun telling me (last year) that
there was some incompatibility between the Sun Architecture and the macros,
something to do with register usage !?

Anybody with any helpful Sun-based solutions?

   --	Steve

uucp address:	..!uunet!xerox.com!cobrin.sbderx
Arpa address:	cobrin.sbderx at Xerox.COM

| Welwyn Garden City, Herts,               | Xerox Intelnet: 8*668 2276
|
| AL7 1LQ, England.                        | Xerox address:
Cobrin:SBD-E:RX |