help with nameservers

Steven C. Blair sblair at riacs.edu
Fri Oct 27 12:30:31 AEST 1989

I inherited a name server at my new place of employment. For lack of wanting
to  appear the fool, I would like to know if anyone has a definitve book
or source of information of what's >EXACTLY< supposed to be in what
format in the following files:

	named.boot
	named.hosts
	named.local

DoN'T SAY: RTF-RFC(I have). It's not the clearest thing to read if you're
	   only setting up a 1 level domain.

For need of a little help, I'd even trade a lunch at a place in Mountain
View or some really good beer!!

please REPLY via email only...

scb
--
Steven C. Blair		7651 Fairoaks Drive Pleasanton, Ca 94566
UNIX is me.........	(415) 426-0942 days and nights(*currently*)