IBM 3274 connection, who can help

Tillman Basien basien at pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de
Fri Feb 22 01:03:08 AEST 1991

Hy,
	I don`t know, wether this is the right group to diskuss my problems
	about IBM connectivity.

	We have a customer, who has IBM Computers and he  connects
	his DOS-PC via koax-cable (this is no token ring) to the
	IBM-controller 3274.
	We know about three DOS products:
		IRMA,Advance Attachmate and IBM itsself

	All these products have a hardware for the koaxcable connection an a
	MS-DOS software.

	This connaction is a SNA connaction which can have four sessions to
	the IBM ( I think it`s LU 6.2).

	Now our customer like to use these hardwareboards or from other
	vendors to make connection from SCO UNIX 3.2.2 to IBM 3274 over
	the koaxcable. He wants to have four sessions, each for a different
	user on UNIX.

	We tried to install IRMA and Advance Attachmate via VP/ix to IBM.
	This installation works, but is not stable. Funny VP/ix, to many
	problems, sometimes to slow, sometimes systemcrach.

	Now, my questions, I hope they are clear.
	Is there a product or software or any kind of solution to
	connect to IBM 3274 over a koaxcable under SCO UNIX 3.2.2.

	Who knows anything about IRAM, Advance Attachmate ?

	Who has problems like ours?

This was Tillmann, Stuttgart

--
					             basien at PEM-Stuttgart.de
Dipl.-Ing. Tillmann A. Basien           PEM Programmentwicklungsgesellschaft