Unisys Terminals

Darrell Tschakert darrell at eeocdt.UUCP
Mon Feb 18 18:51:57 AEST 1991

In article <1391 at pcgbase.UUCP> jep at pcgbase.UUCP (Have a nice day!) writes:
>A friend of mine who does not have access to the net ask me to
>post the following UNIX QUESTION.
>
>Would anybody like to purchase the following terminals?
>
>E-mail your best offer.  Agreed price will be F.O.B. Montreal.
>
>MAKE      MODEL     QTY   AMOUNT

I am fairly new on this net and, as such, am still unclear on some
of the protocols. Perhaps an oldtimer would help me on this one.

The question is this: "Is this the appropriate newsgroup for selling
hardware?". I guess it was a "UNIX QUESTION". But still I wander ... .

When I tried to respond from rn with the 'F' option, I got an
error. I assume that this was do to the way the message was posted.
The Newsgroup was filled in as follows: "Newsgroups: poster".

Do people often use "poster" as their entry for Newsgroup? If so
can anyone tell me why?

Thanx.