Unisys Terminals

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Tue Feb 19 13:52:50 AEST 1991

In article <129 at eeocdt.UUCP> darrell at eeocdt.UUCP (Darrell Tschakert) writes:
>The question is this: "Is this the appropriate newsgroup for selling
>hardware?".

No, it certainly is not appropriate to attempt to exploit the technical
newsgroups (many of which, like this one, are gatewayed with the DoD
Internet) for blatantly commercial purposes.  It is also ethically
unacceptable since it forces everybody else to involuntarily bear the
financial burden.  However, there are always some turkeys who simply
don't wish to cooperate, and it's difficult to force them to.

>The Newsgroup was filled in as follows: "Newsgroups: poster".

I understand that some news-interface software understands that
convention.  I know that the software the I use does not.