uucico problem

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at jpradley.jpr.com
Sun Feb 10 14:06:33 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb7.183756.16742 at cs.umn.edu> ianhogg at cs.umn.edu (Ian J. Hogg) writes:
>I've got two systems (1 Sparc, 1 386 (running SCO Unix)).  I'm attempting to
>directly connect the two.  Cu works fine.  However when I try uucico from the
>Sun, the login sequence doesn't work.  It looks like the Sun is sending the
>proper stuff but the 386 never responds.  It appears that ^M is not being
>interpreted as an end of line.

This question is by now a candidate for the FAQ file...

In either a Dialer chat script, or a Systems chat script, you need to have this
sequence first on the Sun:

	"" P_ZERO

BTW, RTFM, the Sun uucp dissertations do say this.

 Jean-Pierre Radley   NYC Public Unix   jpr at jpradley.jpr.com   CIS: 72160,1341