uucico problem

Ian J. Hogg ianhogg at cs.umn.edu
Fri Feb 8 05:37:56 AEST 1991

I'm having a problem with uucp on a Sun sparcstation that I'm hoping thatr
someone can help me with.

I've got two systems (1 Sparc, 1 386 (running SCO Unix)).  I'm attempting to
directly connect the two.  Cu works fine.  However when I try uucico from the
Sun, the login sequence doesn't work.  It looks like the Sun is sending the
proper stuff but the 386 never responds.  It appears that ^M is not being
interpreted as an end of line.

What can I try to fix this?  What do uucico & cu do differently?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Ian Hogg						ianhogg at cs.umn.edu
                                                        (612) 225-1401