Help with SIGIO and printf interactions

Rob Demillo rjd at cs.brown.edu
Tue Feb 5 07:23:06 AEST 1991

I'd like to talk to someone about a bizarre problem I am
encountering in writing a Unix socket driver.

In a *very* brief nutshell, I am experiencing behavior which
seems to imply that Unix is blocking all IO interrupts *except*
when screen I/O is going on via printf.

I know, I know...it doesn't m,ake sense to me either. Anyone
out there willing to listen to my tale of woe?

My environment is a Sun 4 runing OS 4.1.1, but I get
identical results on a Sun 3 running OS 3.x.x

Thanks in advance....

-- Rob DeMillo

p.s. Please mail all correspondence to demillo at juliet.ll.mit.edu

 - Rob DeMillo			| Internet: 	 rjd at brown.cs.edu
   Brown University 		| Also Internet: demillo at juliet.ll.mit.edu
   Planetary Science Group	| Reality: 401-273-0804 (home)
"I say you *are* the Messiah, Lord! And I ought to know, I've followed a few!"