file removal question

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Thu Feb 28 00:39:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb23.161820.13685 at convex.com> Tom Christiansen writes:
>From the keyboard of dblack at pilot.njin.net (David Alan Black):
>:Here's a little brain-teaser:
>:[ rm files starting with "-" question deleted]
>Anybody for a daily mini-FAQ posting that says to read the FAQ
>before posting????

I don't know if you are serious or not but I have been thinking of a weekly
post of questions *NOT* to ask.  There must be at least one question
a day that shouldn't have been posted and the ensuing discussions and
incorrect responses waste even more bw.  So why not post a list of some
of the more common FAQs (FAFAQs?) as well as some general guidelines
about what is and isn't a suitable question.  Keep it short so that it
can be scanned easily point to the FAQ and put something in the subject
that makes it easy to kill.  Anyone see any particular problem?

Of course there will be a half dozen questions each week asking how to
kill the mini-FAQ.  :-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   There's no government