Where do I get NASA NQS Software?

Jim Kanya kanya at ckgp.UUCP
Thu Feb 7 09:40:53 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb1.114249.8464 at uwovax.uwo.ca>, les at uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>  Could someone please tell me:
>       1. Where the binaries/sources for the NASA Network Queueing System
>               (NQS) are? (I understand that they are Public Domain?).

As I understand it, Intergraph (A CAD vendor) saw NQS at NASA and purchased
the rights to the product.  Intergraph has enhanced the product quite a bit
in the 2 years since I first saw it.  I also heard that NQS was accepted
as the network queueing system for OSF.  If you want to talk to Intergraph,
the phone number is (205) 730-2000.

>       2. Does a VAX/VMS counterpart to the Unix NQS exist?  We would like
>          to be able to queue jobs to a Unix system from a VMS system.

Intergraph has created a client only version of NQS for VMS.  I am currently
using it and it works nicely.

Jim Kanya - CKGP & Assoc. Inc.
...uunet!ckgp!kanya!kanya