Dos slash experience

leisner.wbst139 at xerox.com leisner.wbst139 at xerox.com
Sun Feb 24 08:57:22 AEST 1991

I was an extensive user of Ms-Dos and tried to make my Ms-Dos machines look
like Unix machines (as much as possible).

The DOS operating system takes forward or backward slashes as path delimiters.

There's a switchar command to configure command.com (or DOS tools or whoever
looks at this).

Some applications takes only backward slashes, some take either one.

I also ran join on a drive to get /a instead of a: (no vendors seem to be able
to handle this with their install scripts or programs).

marty
(Knowledge is useful in the Information Age)
(I hate slow, non-intuitive non-creative computer systems)
ARPA:	leisner.wbst139 at xerox.com
NS:  leisner:wbst139:xerox
UUCP:	hplabs!arisia!leisner