Stuck at login

Gary Weimer 588-0953 weimer at garden.kodak.COM
Tue Feb 19 07:10:37 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb18.112320.25917 at nijmeg> you write:

|> Lately I have problems with a particular login on an Intergraph IS6000
|> machine running CLIX (Intergraph's Unix) R3.1 version Vc.4.0.9.

Some things to check:
1) the login shell for the problem user id. This is in /etc/passwd on
   many systems. Make sure the entry for the problem user id has the
   correct number of fields (separated by ':').
2) Does another user id have the same login id number as another user id?
3) Some systems have problems with long user id's. Does the problem
   user id have more than 8 characters? (Note: this doesn't seem likely
   to be the problem.)

weimer at ssd.kodak.com ( Gary Weimer )