FTP directories

Don Libes libes at cme.nist.gov
Sat May 11 09:20:21 AEST 1991

In article <1991May10.065919.3216 at jadpc.cts.com> jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com (Jim Deitch) writes:
-In article <2399 at muffin.cme.nist.gov> libes at cme.nist.gov (Don Libes) writes:
->rftp (for "recursive ftp") is an expect script that ftps directories.
->It comes with the expect distribution.  (Email "send pub/expect.shar.Z"
->to library at cme.nist.gov or anonymous ftp same from durer.cme.nist.gov.)

-The mget in my ISC ftp will recursivley get directories, if they exist
-on the target machine already.  If I want a directory tree all I do is
-get the layout and then go to shell, make the directories, go to the
-top of the tree, and do my mget.

Why are you admitting this?  Sounds like ISC did a half-assed job.
Why doesn't it create the directories for you?

Don Libes          libes at cme.nist.gov      ...!uunet!cme-durer!libes