Questions on ftp and downloading files from a remote site

H. CARLTON DOE III cryptkpr at cc.utah.edu
Tue May 28 11:24:28 AEST 1991

I have a question for you who are more "net-wise" than I.  There are files
code, and archive information I'd like to access in various "ftp" sites
around the world.  I have tried to get to those files with very little
success.  I will (and can) telnet or ftp to the machine where I'm greated with
a login prompt.  I try "guest" with a <cr> for password and usually don't get
any further.  What are the magic words/phrases/incantations to get into these
machines???

Please save bandwidth and reply by e-mail. Thanks.

    Carlton Doe