gnuplot3d availability

Mr. Mingzuo Shen shen at athena.cs.uga.edu
Sun May 19 11:57:40 AEST 1991

I posted a request for help with the 3D patch to gnuplot2.02.
Two people replied and suggested using the patch program from
GNU.

    I found a better solution. The complete gnuplot2.02.3d
is available from ames.arc.nasa.gov (presumably the NASA
Ames Research Center) via anonymous FTP in /pub/UNIX/gnuplot.
Get gnuplot2.02.3d.tar.Z.

    For general information, gnuplot is a program that plots
data and some functions. I am running it on DECstation 3100.
It was very easy to compile the program itself.
I already used it to produce figures to be included in
two of my papers. I used the PostScript output and make
small modifications to the PotScript code by hand (again,
easy!). The 3D patch adds very fancy three-dimensional
plots although I have yet to take advantages of the new
features. IMHO, better than ANY programs I have seen on the
Macintosh so far.

    Also, I found the site at NASA Ames using the archie program!

Sincerely,
Mingzuo Shen