Thanks for Re: Really dumb wtmp question

Master Vampire spotter at eve.wright.edu
Sun May 19 09:30:31 AEST 1991

Thank you everyone who answered my question about viewing wtmp.  I got a few
interesting answers, some of which were probably local only, some of which
probably work on certain UNIX flavours, and one which works on my Encore.

The responses I got were:
fwtmp - This was supposed to be a command that would find the records in wtmp.
	I guess it only works on ATT UNIX SysV.  It didn't work on my Encore
	Multimax.

who -   It was suggested that this would work if I specified wtmp as the
	default file, instead of utmp.  It didn't work on my system, it gave
	me a blank line.  This response came from someone at a DEC address, so
	it might be and Ultrix command.

last
(or lastlog) - last worked on my Encore, lastlog is unknown, but it probably
	works elsewhere.

Again, thanks all.  I probably could have found this in TFM, but looking up
	wtmp, acct, and everything that they refered to never mentioned that
	one.

Steve

--
anagram at desire.wright.edu | "Role becomes the actor, she's addicted to applause
spotter at eve.wright.edu    |  The stage a world because she never leaves it."
			  |  -Rush
<Std.Dsc> WSU doesn't approve of anything I do, but that hasn't stopped me yet.