Mail Redirection

Tom Baas tomb at marque.mu.edu
Mon May 20 09:15:33 AEST 1991

In article <1991May16.144131.11440 at cid.aes.doe.CA> afsipmh at cidsv01.cid.aes.doe.CA () writes:
>Is there a way to automatically (i.e. while I'm at a USENIX conference
>for example :) ) to redirect my e-mail to a co-worker?
>Is there maybe some public domain software that can do this?

You probably don't need any additional software.

Depending on what kind of mailer you have you can:

1) In your empty $MAIL file
   put an entry: Forward to: username

2) In your $HOME directory
   create a file: .forward
          a file called  .forward
   In this file put an entry: username

On the systems I work with, either one of these choices work but they are
handled differently so if they both work on your system I would test each
one to see which one works best(correctly).
--
I can accept e-mail and Voice-mail at:
tbaas!tom      or   tom at tbaas      or  ....marque!tomb  or  tomb at marque