HP Laserjet III setup questions

Tom Epperly epperly at osnome.che.wisc.edu
Wed May 8 03:48:16 AEST 1991

I am trying to hook at HP Laserjet III printer to a DECstation 5000
running Ultrix 4.1.  It seems that the flow control isn't working
correctly.  The printer prints documents less than 10 pages; but after
printing 10 pages, it halts and restarts the printing job with the
first page.  I am looking for the appropriate /etc/printcap entry and
the corresponding settings for the laser printer.  Here are some
specific questions that I have:

	- What is the best printcap entry for a HP laserjet III?
	- What are the corresponding printer settings?
	- What is rhobust flow control?
	- What RS232 lines does the printer use/need?

Please email whatever advice you can regardless of whether it addresses
one of the questions above.

				Thanks,
				Tom Epperly
				epperly at osnome.che.wisc.edu