looking for windowing package for Unix/Ultrix

Bennett Broder ben at moncol.UUCP
Wed May 15 02:18:01 AEST 1991

Can anyone suggest a package for supporting a state of the art text user
interface (windows, etc) on a varied terminal base?  I suppose I could use
curses, but curses doesn't seem to work entirely correctly on terminals where
attribute characters (inverse, blink) take a physical position on the screen,
such as the Televideo 950.  Also, I was hoping for a bit more power than
curses provides.

Any pointers to inexpensive commercial packages or better still, freeware
would be appreciated.

Please mail, if sufficient response I will post a summary.

--

Bennett Broder               Monmouth College
..princeton!moncol!ben       Computer Services