looking for windowing package for Unix/Ultrix

Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM
Sun May 19 05:23:50 AEST 1991

Bennett> Can anyone suggest a package for supporting a state of the
Bennett> art text user interface (windows, etc) on a varied terminal
Bennett> base?  I suppose I could use curses, but curses doesn't seem
Bennett> to work entirely correctly on terminals where attribute
Bennett> characters (inverse, blink) take a physical position on the
Bennett> screen, such as the Televideo 950.  Also, I was hoping for a
Bennett> bit more power than curses provides.

Definitely check out "screen" by Oliver Laumann (ftp
prep.ai.mit.edu:pub/gnu/screen-2.1.tar.Z (works on Berkeley style
UNIXes)) it may do most of what you require.