Can't log in right on console to accounts in CAPS.

Aleksandar Damnjanovic DAMJAN29588P%BUEF78%yubgef51 at pucc.princeton.edu
Mon May 13 12:23:01 AEST 1991

 Martin_A._Leisner.Henr801C at XEROX.COM writes:
> I think the login programs checks for uppercase accounts on consoles (although
> I'm not sure).
On *every* UNIX and UNIX-like operating system I've tried,
the getty program maintains a 'feature' that might have been
usefull many years ago, but is just a nuisance nowadays:
if you enter an uppercase username, it assumes you are using
a teletype that doesn't have lowercase characters, and then
it tries to compensate.
So, if you are not prepared to write your own getty, switch
to lowercase usernames!