sockets

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Fri May 24 08:45:36 AEST 1991

In article <556 at jahangir.UUCP> wayne at jahangir.UUCP (wayne) writes:

>	I am just starting to expirement with sockets. I have a small program
>below which I cannot get to work for some reason. I took it almost verbatum
>from W. Richard Stevens book "UNIX Network Programming"
>
>	What happens is the client and server fail to connect for some reason.
>Can anyone out there tell me what I am doing wrong?
>
>	My hardware is a MIPS Magnum 3000.

Sure. The problem is line 79 of /u/wayne/foo/bar/socket/test.c. Put a space
before the comment at the end of that line, and your program will work :-)

Seriously, why don't you post what your code to the net so people can see
exactly WHAT it is. We're not mindreaders, ya know.

			-Kartik

--
internet% ypwhich

subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU -| Internet
kartik at silvertone.Princeton.EDU (NeXT mail)
SUBBARAO at PUCC.BITNET			          - Bitnet