Problems with rm -f

Ace Stewart jstewart at rodan.acs.syr.edu
Thu May 16 01:09:37 AEST 1991

Many thanx to all the answers; indeed, every one of them said the same
and was correct. What I overlooked was csh's little habits of throwing
up information every once and awhile, and that was the problem.

Briefly: csh announces when the glob cannot expand to anything, and
indeed it is not "rm" that is the problem, it is the csh. The solution
came from wreenm at math.mscs.mu.edu (Michael Wreen) and thanx to him, in
his csh environment command:

	set nonomatch

That seems to solve all of my problems; again thanx to all who
answered directly and posted. All good information, and as far as I
see, all the right answers :)

--Cheers! Ace

--
    Ace Stewart | Affiliation: Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester, New York
jstewart at rodan.acs.syr.edu jstewart at sunrise.bitnet jstewart at mothra.cns.syr.edu