Memory Dump Analyzer (looking for ...)

Forrest M. Phillips phillips at granite.ma30.bull.com
Wed May 15 07:22:24 AEST 1991

Hi, I am asking this here simply because I am lost.
We have a program which is causing dumps to occur (the memory is being
placed in a file called core) and it appears that there is interesting
information in the file. We can recognize enough to know we want to know
more.

Question: is there a file, standard, protocol, PROGRAM, etc... available
to help a unix beginner figure out what the dump said?

I am aware of proprietary tools for various vendors which do this. How
about good old multics (sorry) Unix?

Woody phillips at granite.ma30.bull.com

Bull refuses to acknowledge my actions (or the strange things I utter).

   Forrest (Woody) Phillips - Bull HN Inc. - phillips at granite.ma30.bull.com