question about tar.Z file

James Cameron jc at raven.bu.edu
Wed May 22 14:02:13 AEST 1991

||> Hello,

||> Does anyone out there how I can teansfer a tar.Z file to ASCII readble
||> file ? I tried uncompress, for example, a.tar.Z then I got an a.tar then
||> what next ? Your reply will be greatly appreciated !

||> KC
||> .

	It is in 'tar' form.  You need to "untar" it to see what it
	contains.  To do this, simply type:

% tar xvf a.tar

	In the future, it might help when you seem something really
	funky to try this:

% apropos funky.thing

	If your system is set up with it of course.  *8-)  If not, ask
	your System Administrator to set it up.

jc

--
					-- James Cameron  (jc at raven.bu.edu)

Signal Processing and Interpretation Lab.  Boston, Mass  (617) 353-2879