New user, waffle, mail, kermit questions.

doug pavey dpavey at cccbbs.UUCP
Thu May 16 07:54:57 AEST 1991

I have heard that it is possible to FTP files using EMAIL.

I also have problems with my mailer, WAFFLE on a PCBoard BBS (not mine)
getting it to accept additional headers.

I am also in need of kermit compatible termcap/terminfo definitions
so that I may login to my unix system and access WordPerfect 5.1 and
have the ability to transfer files easily.

We just recently installed a TCP-IP network between a SCO Xenix system on
a 386 box and SCO Unix system on a 486 box.  Any ideas of SLIP compatible
terminals available to connect our IBM-AT's to this network?  This would
make the kermit request obsolete.

We also have over 90 sites, each with a minicomputer (soon to be SCO UNIX
machines on a 486 box [NCR]) what would be the easiest (read least expensive)
method of implementing a wide area network (over 40 states).

I also have a shell script that ran perfectly as a bourne shell script until
we implemented it under korn shell.  We trap errors in the script.  It seems
that the korn shell passes it's signals to its parent upon exit and causes
the .profile shell to abort, dropping the user into the environment instead of
logging them out.  This shell is supposed to isolate the user into a VERY
tightly controlled and highly supervised environment.  All attempts to drop
to the shell are tightly controlled.  NOW this problem has to occur.
It is not my choice as to the operating environment, it was chosen for me
by more senior personnel.

Any suggestions are welcome.  Please respond via EMAIL, even though I do
read these areas almost daily.

Douglas A. Pavey
Programmer/Analyst
Syncor International
+1 513/984-2839 9-5 EDT
dpavey at cccbbs.UUCP

This is not an official document of Syncor International.
This work is the sole responsibility of the author and has not been