How to eliminate entire lines with sed

Mark Hall data at buhub
Fri Jan 25 18:07:12 AEST 1991

I'm having a minor problem.  I want to use a shell script that I have in my
.profile to do some things dealing with mail.  I use checkmail and a custom
script that keeps track of the number of new messages.  When I log in, it
tells me how many NEW messages I have by subtracting the number of lines
returned from the Checkmail /usr/mail/data | wc -l by the number in the
.mailchk file I create (it only contains a single number).
When I display the messages in my mailbox, I'd like to remove the first "x"
lines from the listing.  Any suggestions?

SUmmary:  WHat I want to do is pass the number in the .mailchk file and delete
that number of lines from the beginning of my input by using sed.

Mark hall
--
| Internet: data@{bucs1,buhub}.bradley.edu, al632 at cleveland.freenet.edu       |
| "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, but Captain, |