Again: A visual Unix shell, for character-based terminals.

Jurgen Heymann heymann at cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM
Wed Jan 23 03:47:53 AEST 1991

I recently posted a question to the net ...

> Is there a Norton Commander-like unix shell somewhere? .....

The responses I got as well as the follow-ups in comp.unix.shell indicate
that my question was not clear enough. It should be:

   Is there a Norton-Commander like unix shell for character based
   terminals, i.e. using the TERMINFO and curses?

Of course there is great stuff for XWindows, as well as for the Unix
versions running on the PC (386). But I'm thinking about general AT&T Unix
here. Since the terminal control information is there (TERMINFO DB) why
not use it?

Jurgen Heymann          heymann at cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM
			(usual disclaimer: My opinions ...)