Finding the last arg

Chet Ramey chet at odin.INS.CWRU.Edu
Tue Jan 8 06:12:18 AEST 1991

In article <DANJ1.91Jan6120607 at cbnewse.ATT.COM> danj1 at ihlpa.att.com writes:
>John> Is there any actual documentation on sh's syntax?

>In the 4.3 BSD document set you'll find a syntax description in the sh
>articles in [I think] the User's Supplementary Documents volume.

The article is ``An Introduction to the Unix Shell'', USD:3, by S. R. Bourne.
There is a grammar in the appendix.

Take it with a grain of salt, though; as described by that grammar, sh does
not accept ``who | wc'' as a legal command.

Chet
--
Chet Ramey				``There's just no surf in
Network Services Group			  Cleveland, U.S.A. ...''