Writing a mail server

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Sat Jan 19 15:12:51 AEST 1991

In article <9101181938.AA01084 at cmsun.nrl.navy.mil> Lee Phillips writes:
>I am thinking of writing a shell script that auto-replys to incoming
>mail messages with certain subject headers by mailing a file to the
>sender -- you know, a mail server that people can use to get certain
>files.  It should also keep a log of who got what.  I'll bet there
>already is a tool like this out there, though, and I won't have to
>write my own, right?

Right.  The kiss server from bill at twwells.com is what I am using.  I
am not sure where it is archived but it does all the stuff you mention
except that the requests are in the body which makes it more flexible
than what you suggest.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   There's no government