Questions concerning BaSH

Bill Petro rock at warp.Eng.Sun.COM
Thu Jan 10 06:54:29 AEST 1991

fischer at iesd.auc.dk (Lars P. Fischer) writes:
>Overall, it's a matter of preference: sh or csh. I used to be a csh
>user, but nowadays I much prefer sh.

>Try it.

>Lars Fischer,  fischer at iesd.auc.dk   | Q: How does a project get to be one
>CS Dept., Univ. of Aalborg, DENMARK. | year late?     A: One day at a time.

How did you convert all your csh aliases back to (ba)sh style - other
than one at a time :-)  I liked the csh advantages over sh, and almost
switched to ksh, but didn't want to convert my csh aliases in .cshrc
over to (k)sh format.  Then I found tcsh which gives me command line
editing, (limited) history manipulation and very nice file completion.

I would like the "function" capabilities of ksh or bash, but don't want
the pain of converting each of my 200+ .cshrc aliases :-(

Anyone have a quick fix?

Bill "Rock" Petro - System Software Marketing

--
     Bill Petro  {decwrl,hplabs,ucbvax}!sun!Eng!rock
"UNIX for the sake of the kingdom of heaven"  Matthew 19:12