how to compile pcomm in sysv

wolf paul wnp at iiasa.AT
Sat Oct 27 04:12:45 AEST 1990

In article <501 at tndsyd.oz> berny at tndsyd.oz (Berny Goodheart) writes:
)In article <1990Oct22.092129.1 at acad3.fai.alaska.edu>, fsdal1 at acad3.fai.alaska.edu writes:
)> Has anyone ported Pcomm or their other favorite communications program to
)> uPort sysV/286 ? I am trying to but my compiler hangs on two of the X-modem
)> procedures and I have to do a hard reboot (most unhappy!) I tried throwing
)> in a -Ml to use the large lib but to no avail.
)The 286 is only capable of compressing to 12 BITS. Most
)32 bit machines compress files to 16 bits. If the files you are trying
)to de-compress where originally compressed on a 32 bit machine, ...

Apart from the fact that I have used a 16-bit uncompress on a 286
several years ago, the reply above does not seem to have anything to
do with the question it purports to answer. What is going on?

--
Wolf N. Paul, UNIX SysAdmin, IIASA, A - 2361 Laxenburg, Austria, Europe
PHONE: +43-2236-71521-465     FAX: +43-2236-71313      UUCP: uunet!iiasa!wnp