Root logins and Alarm Calls.

Glen Collins fred at seer.uucp
Wed Sep 5 23:47:18 AEST 1990

Hello all! I have 2 questions to ask. First I am running V/AT 2.4 with
3 megs.

#1: I know I have read someplace either in the documentation or someplace
else that you can patch getty/login to allow the root to login from anywhere.
Either from the virtual consoles or from a tty. HOW???????

Second, I have written a small input routine for use with curses and every
now and then I get 'Alarm Calls'. What is it trying to say here? The input
routine just bacically loops and checks for characters using 'GETCH" from
curses. Any ideas????

-Glen Collins (uunet!{unisoft,seeker}!seer!fred)