UHC SVR4 (ver 2.0) max filesize problem

Douglas Anson danson at udel.edu
Wed Jun 12 04:22:26 AEST 1991

Hello!

I would like to know if any other UHC SVR4 users out there have had difficulty
changing the maximum (soft and hard) file size a process may create.  I am
running UHC SVR4.2.0.  I used idtune to change the values of SFSZLIM and
HFSZLIM accordingly then called idbuild to remake the kernel. Everything
compiled fine and the new kernel was installed successfully.  However, when
I try something like:

	%cat foo1 big-foo2 ... > REALLY-big-foo

it must be the case that cat have setuid permissions set (i.e. 4755 etc)
Still other functions like kermit (not part of the UHC distribution) will not
allow large files EVEN with setuid set.

I figure I have, at some point, taken the wrong turn in the road!!
Any help/advice/etc would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
doug anson
danson at dewey.udel.edu
Univ of Del