New User

Brian Hendrix ersys!bhendrix at nro.cs.athabascau.ca
Thu May 9 06:23:56 AEST 1991

I'm new to Unix, and just in the process of setting up Microport
System/V-AT at home.  I was wondering if anybody out there can suggest
a good mail reader, and a good communications program, that I can
compile under this system.  As well, is it possible to find a different
C compiler than the on provided by Micorport?

And also:  is there ANYTHING other than vi that I can use as a text
editor.  Maybe most Unix users are used to it (although I find it
hard to believe anybody can get used to vi) but I really would like
something better!

Hope these questions aren't too inane.

-Brian

Brian Hendrix             ersys!bhendrix at nro.cs.athabascau.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982