alloca for V.4? (mutter, grumble...)

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Oct 24 12:02:03 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct23.190425.5052 at ico.isc.com> rcd at ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) writes:

| Tom's advice is good, but unfortunately in some parts of the universe, the
| obsession with reorganizing, splitting out, rearranging, and generally
| changing-for-the-sake-of-change outstrips a moderately clever person's
| ability to figure out what's happened.  In the case of V.4, alloca() is in
| /usr/ucblib/libucb.a (how many times have I posted that now?:-), so Tom's
| little searchit won't find it.

  Yes, thanks. I originally asked if anyone had written one, and several
people told me where to find it. Unfortunately I managed to blow away
the disk doing something else, so until I borrow a tape drive again I am
still out of luck.

  Has anyone made V.4 work with the EV-811 controller? If so, what's the
secret? I have two, and neither will work, although they came via Bell
Tech, who may have modified them more than they admit. Until I get
either the secret to running the one I have, or one that works, or a
controller, I am reduced to borrowing a tape drive every few weeks.

  When I get it reloaded I know where to find alloca, anyway.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX