Adding SCSI drive to SCO Xenix 2.3.1 as secondary drive

Jerry H. Chan chan at chansw.UUCP
Wed Oct 24 13:01:33 AEST 1990

I posted a request about a week ago, and still no response. Have had some
problems with my newsfeed recently, and am wondering if somebody responded
but the mail got lost...???

Anyways, here it is again:

I am trying to upgrade a Xenix machine w/an MFM controller with a second
disk off an Adaptec 1542B SCSI controller. What do I need to do to get the
2nd disk up and running on Xenix 2.3.1? Is this possible, or should I give
it up?

I have tried booting up the system w/the default Adaptec settings
(IRQ 11, DMA 5, etc.); when it comes up, the Adaptec does in fact find
the SCSI hard disk (set to LUN 0) as indicated during powerup, but when
I attempt to run "mkdev", Xenix doesn't see the second disk.

Any clues / help would be *greatly* appreciated...

Pretty please?
--
Jerry Chan 508-853-0747, Fax 508-853-2262  |"My views necessarily reflect the
Chan Smart!Ware Computer Services & Prods  | views of the Company because